This year, winter in Ohio has been relatively mild, but you never know when the weather will change. But, even with the minimal snow fall, we have still had some pretty cold temperatures, which can make your commute pretty frosty. If you’re looking for the most effective way to warm up your car without idling, try these steps as suggested by the professionals at A/C Pro.
- Start your car, but do not turn on the heater. You should actually turn it off so that no air is blowing on you. Nobody likes being blasted in the face with ice cold air.
- Make sure the recycled air switch is turned on, so once you do turn on the air, it will warm up faster.
- Drive for a few minutes and then test the air to see if it is warming up.
- Once you feel warm air, change the air path so that is only coming out near your feet. Since heat rises, this will help warm up your whole car.
- When the air has reached a comfortable temperature, turn off the recycled air feature so your windows don’t get foggy.
Do you use this method to warm up your car quickly? Try it out and let us at Cambridge Classic Ford of Cambridge, OH know how it works for you.