Windshield wipers are truly one of the most important aspects of a vehicle, and sometimes we tend to forget about them until it’s too late. Keep your visibility undisturbed by following these windshield wiper maintenance tips:
- Be sure to clean your windshield frequently, perhaps every time you fill up the gas tank.
- Give your windshield wipers a thorough cleaning as well, as often as necessary and especially after long trips.
- About once a month, inspect your windshield wipers, looking for cracks and nicks, rust, and tears in the rubber.
- Never use your windshield wipers to de-ice your windshield, as this can do serious damage to the wipers.
- If it ever seems as if your windshield wipers aren’t working as they should, don’t wait to replace them.
- Lastly, be sure to have a professional look over your windshield wipers once a year or so, to cover anything you may have missed.
How do you keep your windshield wipers in tip-top shape? Let us know your ideas in the comments, and be safe this cold-weather season!