Colleges are starting up all over the country. With moving day approaching, it important to make sure that you have everything loaded up and ready to go. Waiting for the day before you leave for school is not the ideal time to have to go out and pick up a last minute purchase.
The purchases you can make last minute are those apps for your smart phone. We’ve found some must-have apps that every college student should have this year. Better yet…they’re all free!!
1. Lemon Wallet – For those of us who are prone to losing things no matter how hard we try, this might be the app for you. It keeps track of any card in your wallet that you add to the system. Just in case you’re prone to losing to your phone, you might want to skip this one.
2. Duolingo – If you’re taking a language class this year, these extra lessons and tests will go a long way towards helping you pass.
3. Viber – Free texting and voice calls from any distance make this the perfect choice if you’re studying abroad.
4. AnyList – Are you living with roommates and not on your school’s meal plan? That means you’re buying groceries and you want to avoid repeat purchases. Or maybe you want to update the grocery list before your roommate goes shopping. If so, definitely download this one.
5. Chegg – You can’t pass a class without the textbooks and they are expensive! Rent them for the semester and enjoy free shipping too.
When you do manage to break away from your crazy college schedule for a trip home, remember to schedule a service for your car. It’ll be hard to get back to school if your car isn’t tuned up.
The news over the past couple of days has been full of heart wrenching images of the devastation caused by the tornados in Oklahoma. Special attention has been paid to Moore, Oklahoma because of the horrific EF-5 tornado that tore through the area on Monday leveling entire neighborhoods. Since Monday, disaster relief agencies and emergency response personnel have been working around the clock, trying to do what they can to save and help these poor people.
Our nation has promised federal aid and other nations have offered their prayers and condolences. Cambridge Classic Ford and its staff also extend our deepest sympathies to all those affected by this disaster. We cannot imagine how difficult this time is for all Oklahoma residents and their families.
This is why the Ford Motor Company and its dealers are donating $400,000 to help with relief efforts. In addition to Ford’s monetary donation, a Ford Transit Connect van is also being donated to the American Red Cross for relief services and emergency preparedness education. Also, the Ford Motor Company is providing $500 in new vehicle purchase assistance to those residents in the affected area whose vehicles were damaged by the tornados.
The Ford Motor Company Fund will match donations up to $250,000 from its employees, dealer, and the public to support the relief efforts of the American Red Cross. If you would like to contribute, please go to: http://american.redcross.org/ford-pub.
It seems like spring may finally arrive this weekend! That means everyone will be getting out on the road and really letting loose for the first time this season. We’re sure that for many of you that will mean rolling the windows down and going for a cruise with the radio blasting. While we’re all for having fun and feeling the wind blow through your hair, we would like to offer a little cautionary advice.
- Beware of the potholes! After the winter treatments applied to the roadways and the plow trucks being out and about, there are sure to be a few new potholes popping up. So keep your eyes open.
- Drivers are not the only ones who are excited to experience the spring weather properly for the first time. Our children and those of our friends, relatives, and neighbors are eager to be out in the sun as well. Make sure you look both ways.
- Don’t forget to look out for animals too. Animals are likely to be outside a lot more exploring the fresh sights, sounds, and smells. They are also the least likely to check for cars before crossing into the roadway.
- For those inevitable days when it rains, SLOW DOWN. Wet pavement is dangerous because it increases the amount of time you need to stop and it can negatively affect your vehicle’s handling ability. And while it may seem fun to drive through puddles, we recommend that you avoid those or decrease your speed as much as possible. Puddles, especially large ones, can lead to hydroplaning due to decreased tire traction.
From all of us here at Cambridge Classic Ford: enjoy the nice weather, have fun, and be safe!
We are gearing up for our 11th Annual Carganza sales event here at Cambridge Classic Ford. This is our biggest sale of the year and it runs from March 28th through March 30th.
Thursday, March 28th and Friday, March 29th, the sale will be kicking off at 9:00 a.m. and running until close at 7:00 p.m. The hours are a little different for Saturday, so be sure to take note. Saturday, March 30th, we will be opening our doors at 9:00 a.m. and closing out the sale at 5:00 p.m.
Local radio station, WCMJ, will be on site Friday. They will be playing some great music and helping us out with the giveaway wheel. The giveaway wheel is your chance to win some great prizes. In order to get a chance to spin the giveaway wheel, you either need to make a purchase or register for the event. You can register prior to our 9:00 a.m. Thursday start or you can register when you arrive. When you register, your name will be entered into a drawing and names will be chosen at random for a chance to spin the giveaway wheel and earn a great prize. If you purchase a vehicle, you automatically win a chance to spin the wheel.
Prizes vary from a detailing option, oil change, or other service option to special event tickets that will be provided by WCMJ. As an additional treat, on Friday and Saturday we will be providing a free lunch starting at 12:00 p.m. both days. This year lunch is being provided by Karen’s Country Kitchen.
All are welcome and we can’t wait to see everyone at Cambridge Classic Ford!
In honor of the NCAA basketball tournament going on right now, we wanted to highlight one of our own frontrunners. While Cambridge Classic Ford certainly understands how important basketball season is (hey, we’re fans too!), we’re taking the time to concentrate on another type of player…the 2013 Ford F-150 XL.
Just think of the 2013 F-150 XL as the post player in a basketball game. This is the machine that does the heavy lifting, executes power moves, provides a little extra elbow room, and still maintains the hard and ready look you expect from such a powerful playmaker. Yes, we said it, a playmaker.
We love that the 2013 F-150 has three-point restraint safety belts and Safety-Canopy side airbags. It’s just the kind of protection you expect from the post position. And for those days when you’re hauling a heavy load (a basketball hoop or the hopes of an entire basketball team for example), the fully boxed frame and trailer sway control definitely come in handy.
Every team needs a point guard, but without the post player, who would do all of the heavy lifting? That’s why the saying goes, “Built Ford Tough”.
The accolades continue to roll in for the 2013 Ford Fusion. The redesigned Fusion has taken home awards for everything from design to safety, and the most recent award is for the Fusion’s environmental-friendly efficiency.
The Green Car Journal recently named the 2013 Ford Fusion its “Green Car of the Year”. The 2013 Fusion offers a versatile lineup of powertrains that couple efficiency and performance in a way that the Green Car Journal could not overlook.
“The 2013 Ford Fusion approaches the market with a ‘game-on’ attitude,” said Ron Cogan, editor and publisher of the Green Car Journal. “There’s no overstating the importance of what Ford has done. Many have long envisioned new car showrooms where a desired model could be purchased with one of many distinctly different and efficient powertrains, selected to satisfy a buyer’s particular needs and desires.”
Ford has loaded the 2013 Fusion with innovative technological features to increase and is happy see their efforts did not go unnoticed.
“We are very honored that the all-new Ford Fusion has been recognized as the Green Car of the Year by the Green Car Journal,” said David Mondragon, Ford general marketing manager. “From EcoBoost to hybrid and plug-in hybrid offerings, the new Fusion is delivering best-in-class fuel economy all wrapped in a dynamic package.”
Welcome to the Cambridge Classic Ford Blog! Here you will find information about what is going on within the world of Ford and around our Zanesville Ford dealership. Check back often as we add new and exciting information to the Cambridge Classic Ford Blog!