This week we’ve got an interesting list – the top ten bestselling Ford models. Some you will likely know for sure, others may come as a surprise to you. We here at Cambridge Classic hope that you find this as interesting as we did:
10. Ford Explorer (1990-present), E-Series (1961-present), and Transit (1965-present) – a tie between three models that have each sold 6,000,000 units over their many generations.
9. Ford Mondeo (1993-present) – selling over 6,500,000 units, this model is also known as the Contour and now the Fusion.
8. Ford Ranger (1983-present) – has sold over 7,000,000 worldwide.
7. Ford Taurus (1986-present) – over six generations, it has sold around 8,000,000 units.
6. Ford Mustang (1964-present) – has sold over 10,000,000 over five generations and is Ford’s longest-running car nameplate.
5. Ford Focus (1998-present) – in just three generations, the Focus has sold over 11,000,000 units.
4. Ford Fiesta (1976-present) – 15,000,000 units sold, spanning six generations.
3. Ford Model T (1908-1927) – the Model T sold a staggering 15,500,000 units in its 19-year run.
2. Ford Escort (1968-2003) – a total of 20,000,000 have been sold worldwide, with Europe buying up over 12,000,000.
1. Ford F-Series (1948-present) – Ford’s bestselling vehicle of all time has sold around 35,000,000 units, the F-Series has also been the bestselling vehicle in the U.S. for 28 consecutive years.
There are some really impressive numbers on there, and several that may not be cars you’d think of as being in the top ten. Nevertheless, it’s really interesting to see those kinds of numbers and to look at what vehicles people have chosen consistently. Have you owned any of those on the list? Let us know on Cambridge Classic’s Facebook page and get in the discussion at: http://www.facebook.com/CambridgeClassicFord.