The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi is not just any hybrid plug-in vehicle, it’s the most fuel-efficient. Earlier in 2012 at the Detroit Auto Show, the Fusion was expected to reach around 100 miles per gallon equivalent. As it turns out, just a few days ago Ford announced that the official rating from the Environmental Protection Agency is higher than that – 108 miles per gallon equivalent in the city. The Fusion Energi reaches 92 MPGe on the highway, which comes out to 100 MPGe combined.
The Fusion Hybrid isn’t going easy on the competition, as it is bringing quite a bit to the table:
- 1.6L or 2.0L EcoBoost in-line four-cylinder engine in combination with an electric motor
- Auto Start-Stop shuts the engine off when the car stops, seamlessly restarts when brake is released
- Interior made with 100% recyclable materials
- Regenerative braking to reclaim kinetic energy to store in the battery
- Intelligent AWD balances torque between front and rear wheels to maximize traction
- SmartGauge and EcoGuide Cluster allows you to track your efficiency as vines and leaves grow on dual LCD screens next to the steering wheel
Keep an eye out for the new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi, because it’ll be here before you know it.